Supplier Pricing on Minim Plus Plan
Your Minim Plus plan allows you to set up Supplier rates for new and existing Suppliers in your Minim Supplier database.
By default there are 5 predefined standard currencies in your Minim (shown below). You can easily add more currencies, or remove any that do not apply to your business.
Let's go through the steps to manage currencies for your organisation:
- Navigate to the Organisation tab and switch to the Settings subtab to access the Currencies section.
- Select Manage currencies to view the list of available currencies.
- Add all the currencies you would like available in your Minim account.
- Select a default currency by clicking the star icon.
- The default currency is used when setting a rate for a new Supplier.
- You can change this in the settings within each Supplier or Itinerary.
Note: You can only select one currency as your default currency. Therefore, we recommend you reserve your default currency to buy most of your services. Minim does not allow you to delete the default currency.
Setting up Supplier Margins
A defined rate can be set for each Supplier along with a set currency. To set up a Supplier's rate:
- Navigate to the Supplier tab
- Navigate to the Supplier you would like to edit
- Select the Pricing tab.
- Select a currency that you will use to deal with this Supplier in the Set currency section.
- Set the Supplier's rate based on the following scenarios:
- Supplier provides a Net rate:
- Choose Net which is the preset option.
- Add a Default markup in percentage.
- Supplier provides a Net rate:
Note: At the Itinerary level, the Gross amount is automatically calculated as Net + Markup. You can adjust the default markup on a per-itinerary basis.
- Supplier provides a commission structure on their gross rates
- Select Gross within the Set margins section.
- Enter the Default commission that they have agreed to pay you.
Note: The Net rate for the supplier is calculated as the Gross minus the Commission.
Adding Prices to a Product
After setting up the conditions of your contract with the Supplier in the Set margins section, add prices to each Supplier Product.
- Switch to the Product tab within the Supplier.
- Select the Product you would like to set up rates for.
- Switch to the Options tab.
A list of options are displayed:
To set the rate periods:
- Click the $ symbol alongside an option to access the Rate periods section as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select Create rate period to name the Rate period and enter applicable rates for the period.
- After you name the Rate period and enter the Start date and the End date, choose when the Rate period remains active based on:
- Entire Period: A rate applicable for the specified date range
- Weekdays & Weekend: An option that lets you separate Weekday rates from Weekend rates
- Individual Days: Lets you define different rates for each day of the week.
Important points to consider while configuring your Rate periods:
- The Rates Period section displays the active rate period. To access an expired rate period, click the drop-down at the bottom of the section
- A Rate period can be edited, duplicated and deleted once it has been set.
- Minim only allows you to add a new time period after duplicating an existing Rate period.
Blackout periods are designed to indicate the period the Product Option is unavailable. To add a blackout period:
- Switch to the Create blackout period tab after clicking the $ symbol.
- Enter the Name, the Start date and the End date.
- Select whether the Blackout period applies on account of a close-down or unavailability of check-ins.
Important points to consider while configuring your Blackout periods:
- Blackout periods can overlap Rates Period but not vice versa. You cannot set any Rate periods over a Blackout period.
- To set a Rate period when a Blackout period is already in place, you'd have to delete the Blackout period.
- You cannot schedule check-ins or start an itinerary on a date that spans the Blackout period.