This article introduces you to the Suppliers area in Minim. Here you will create and manage Suppliers that you use in your itineraries. Your database comes with a range of preloaded Suppliers to help you get started.
Exploring the Suppliers workspace
The Supplier workspace lists all the Suppliers loaded in the database.
- Navigate to the Suppliers tab to view the list of existing suppliers in your organisations database.
- You can filter suppliers by Type (Accommodation, Activity, Transportation and Fees & Insurance).
- Narrow your results further by using the Search field to enter either the supplier name or supplier city.
- Click on a column label to order the listed suppliers by their name, city, supplier type or date created.
Creating a new Supplier
Create a new supplier by following the steps below.
- Click Create supplier.
- Enter a Supplier name in the first field with the prompt text "Search".
Note:- The Search field lists is connected to Google Places, if your supplier is listed on Google Places, Minim will pre-populate a number of supplier fields for you. If you'd like to add a Supplier who does not emerge as an autocomplete result, enter the Supplier name in the Name field.
- Choose a Supplier type from the drop-down list. Select from a list of existing Supplier types of Accommodation, Activity, Transportation or Fees & Insurance. For detailed Supplier loading guidelines, please click here.
- When you create an Accommodation Supplier, three extra fields appear.
- Check-in time and the Check-out time fields appear. These fields accept values in 24-hour format.
- Industry Rating lets you classify the accommodation supplier based on their star rating. You can even assign half a rating to the accommodation supplier. Click the rating twice to change it to half a star.
- When you create an Accommodation Supplier, three extra fields appear.
- Enter Supplier details such as Email, Phone, Mobile, Freephone and Website in the Contact information section.
Note: In a future release, the Email field will be used to send booking requests to the suppliers. So, ensure that you enter a reservation email address here. The contact number entered in the Phone field will be published in the final itinerary template
- Click Save
The Supplier workspace
The Supplier Workspace presents 4 new sections: Description, Media, Amenities and Products.
- The Description section lets you add a Supplier Description. The information entered here will appear on your itinerary.
- In the Media section, You can attach an image to the accommodation supplier, for example, the exterior of the hotel. We will resize images to suit each itinerary template. However, the image size we recommend is 1440 px W x 700 H.
- Click Upload media to access the Media section. Choose to add an existing image from the library or upload a new image.
- If you wish to load multiple images for the Supplier, you can choose to make one of those images the primary image. To do this, hover over the image and select “1” to make it primary as shown below.
- Include the amenities provided by the hotel such as swimming pool, complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas, meeting rooms and so on in the Amenities section of the Supplier.
- Click Select amenities to choose from a preloaded list of amenities.
- You can also add a Supplier amenity manually by typing it in and hit enter on your keyboard to add it.
The Products area is used to load detailed information on the products that a supplier offers. You can add any product type to a supplier; for example, an accommodation supplier might also sell other product types such as meals, activities and transfers.
The steps below outline the available fields for products. However, please note that not all fields are available for each product type.
- Within the Supplier workspace select Create product to add a product to your supplier.
- Complete the available fields following the instructions below.
- Name: The name of the product will appear on your traveller's itinerary.
- Type: The drop-down list displays the predefined product types alphabetically: Accommodation, Activity, Extra, Fee, Ferry, Flight, Golf, Guide, Insurance, Meal, Motorhome, Rental car, Train, Transfer.
- Product code: This is a dedicated field to enter the product code associated with this product. Although not currently displayed anywhere else, it will display on booking email requests to suppliers in a future release.
Note: You cannot enter a Product code for the following Product types: Extra, Fee, Guide, Insurance
- Add an optional Description to the Product and click Save.
- Switch to the Locations & Times tab to add a product location and enter a product check-in time and check-out time.
Times: Enter the start time and the end time for each product. Start time and end time appears under a different label for each product type. It appears as Check in time and Check out time for an accommodation product type, Pick up & Drop off time for transportation type and Departure time and Arrival time for a flight type and so on.
- Navigate to the Media tab to add Product images. Click Upload image to access the Media library.
- If you wish to load multiple images for the Product, you can choose to make one of those images the primary image. To do this, hover over the image and select “1” to make it primary.
- The primary image of a Product overrides the primary image of a Supplier. This means that if you have assigned a Primary image for both your Product and the Supplier it will be the Product's primary image that appears on the itinerary ahead of the Supplier primary image. You can manually change images that appear once you are in the Proposal editor.
- Next, the Amenities tab lets you add amenities for each product. Click Select amenities to choose from a preloaded list of amenities. You can also add a Supplier amenity manually by typing it in and hit enter on your keyboard to add it.
- The Inclusions tab lets you add product inclusions, these are things included with the product (an opportunity to create optional paid add-ons is available at a later. For example, add free inclusion such as a free Breakfast along with the product Deluxe Suite. Alternatively, add a subsidised inclusion such as a discounted guided tour with the Museum admission product.
- An Option describes how a Product is sold. A Product must have at least one Option loaded before it can be added to an itinerary. Type the option name and hit enter on your keyboard to add it to the product. Examples of options are as follows:
- For an Accommodation product type, an option would be the room configuration or occupancy of the room e.g. Double, Twin, Single, Triple, or Quad.
- For an Activity product type, the option would be the type of ticket sold, Adult, Child, Infant, etc.
- For Transportation types, the option is typically per person, per transfer, per booking, or per day.
- The Supplier loading guidelines go into further detail about the Option names you might enter for each Product Type.
Products vs Add-ons
The Products section displays all of a Supplier's products and add-ons. If a product has a matching Type as the Supplier, it will appear at the top of the page as a Product. For example, the Deluxe Suite product shares the same Type as it's supplier, Hotel Louise (Accommodation); this means the Deluxe Suite will appear as a Product. Any other products created that do not share the same Type as the Supplier will appear as add-ons.
Duplicating Supplier Products
Once you complete adding information to a Product, Minim allows you to duplicate the product to save time.
- Select the product option and choose Duplicate.
- Duplicating the product lets you copy the product and its subsequent sections. Amend the necessary information in each section including the Options section. Ensure you give the duplicated product a unique name.